It is probably no longer strange for any coffee aficionado who at least once ordered a cappuccino or latte at any coffee shop to witness a barista from one of the top bars in ft lauderdale operating an espresso machine.
With the surprising demand in enjoying coffee worldwide, the machine is not just in the coffee shops anymore. Anyone can pick one up and discover how easy it is to create his own drinks at home and maybe save a few dollars too.
Table of Contents
- The Espresso Maker
- What is different between espresso maker and coffee maker?
- Benefits of Home Espresso Maker
- What should be considered while choosing home espresso maker?
- Top five Best Home Espresso Maker Reviews
- Final Thought
The Espresso Maker
This method of producing delicious coffee cups requires separate processes in ingredient grinding, popping, and mixing.
In the recent years, Espresso maker has become so prevalent that any coffee lovers need to know about it.
People keep believing that if anyone has not tried out an Espresso, he is still out of their Coffee World. So, let’s open the door to this world and discover the bitterness and sweetness.
You may not know that the name Espresso is originated in Italy. In this language, Espresso means “express”. In this sense, coffee is right away served to customers when they order. Espresso coffee making method is characterized by four M letters including Macinazione (grinding method), Miscela (Coffee mixture), Machina (Coffee making machine) and Mano (The skillful hands of a barista).
Espresso coffee cups are produced perfectly if these four M letters are combined flawlessly.
What is different between espresso maker and coffee maker?
A coffee maker and an Espresso maker both look to do the same thing. However, there are a number of distinguished features between them.
The chief difference between an Espresso maker and all other coffee makers is the use of pressure to force the hot water through the coffee.
With the Espresso, hot water from the reservoir is sent through at an extremely high pressure and mixes with the grounds to create a highly concentrated coffee that is far more flavorful and full-bodied than the products of other standard coffee makers.
Up to now, Espresso is regarded as the most preferable method of producing great coffee cups due to the following reasons.
First of all, as Espresso maker grinds beans for each cup, coffee keeps its original flavor and maybe far more savory.
Next, extremely hot water is poured quickly through coffee within ten seconds, as a result coffee flavor is kept without any loss.
Additionally, the amount of caffeine dissolved in the water is also less than when we keep coffee in hot water in longer time.
Benefits of Home Espresso Maker
When talking about coffee, there is no denying that we all have our own refined tastes. To many people, drinking a cup of coffee in the early morning is considered as an indispensable daily rituals.
So, adding an Espresso machine to the kitchen counter is a perfect idea to put people in control of the hot of infusion of their dream.
The Espresso enables us to use flexibly, either with full-bodied coffee beans or with the ground one. It is so much fast, convenient, and easy to have tasty cups of coffee.
More importantly, owning a home Espresso brings you a safe feeling of consuming something that you are really know everything from ingredients to the making process.
Therefore, an Espresso should be a must-have-item for any coffee aficionado.
What should be considered while choosing home espresso maker?
Though they all serve the same function of producing great coffee cups, not everyone should buy the same type. There are just a few things to consider when you want to select the most appropriate Espresso for your family.
The first and foremost consideration should be the question about yourself. Are you a beginner barista or a coffee aficionado?
Traditional espresso machines vary in “bars of pressure” or the amount of pressure used to extract the brew.
For beginners, an ideal machine is the one which is easy to use and able to generate enough pressure to produce decent results.
Nevertheless, a pump machine is what’s used in professional espresso machines and delivers just the right amount of pressure for the perfect café-style creation.
Semi-Automatic or Fully- Automatic function
Basically, the former type is less expensive but you have to pay more attention when using it.
Semi-Automatic espresso maker takes care of the water temperature and automate the pressure, but it does not control the timing.
To operate or stop the machine, you have to switch or press the button. However, with the latter type, everything is done automatically, but you will have to pay more
The amount of espresso produced
If you prefer to make coffee for yourself only, some types that make single cup is a better choice.
Nevertheless, in case you want to own a machine to sometimes make drinks for family and friends, it is strongly advisable to choose types that can produce 4-10 cups at a time.
Before going to the final decision, let spend a while to think about the spare space you have in the kitchen.
If you have limited space, big machines which occupy much in the counter is a trouble.
The type of material that the machine is made of is also of special importance.
Metal-made machines will be likely to last longer and remain heat more efficiently. Or machines with complicated composition will need more frequent repair.
Another thing to take into account is about your financial health.
The Espresso makers are various in types, brands, designs and especially their price.
So, after thinking about the question raised previously, be thoughtful about the one you intend to buy with appropriate price to your pocket.
Top five Best Home Espresso Maker Reviews
As rated, top five Espresso includes: De’Longhi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker, Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine, Mr. Coffee ECM160 4-Cup Steam Espresso Machine, Black, Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker, Black, and Original Bialetti Stovetop Espresso.
The following part will be spent to discuss about their distinguished features, and their pros and cons as well.
1. De'Longhi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker
DeLonghi is a perfect idea for making delicious espresso by your way with two separate thermostats.
You can choose to brew ground espresso or pods with the unique patented dual filter holder.
- With the assistance of a swivel jet frothed, you will meet no difficulty in making latte and cappuccino;
- Each time you brew coffee, there is no annoying start off operation anymore;
- The waiting time for producing great cups of coffee is considerably shortened;
- With the 35-ounce water tank which is removable, you can easily disassemble, clean and then reassemble the machine to keep it fresh and new.
2. Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine
Undoubtedly, this machine is the greatest solution for the problem of keeping the freshness and original flavor of coffee.
Thanks to its integrated burr grinder, the Breville Barisya Express Espresso can deliver fresh and high quality espresso at a remarkable speed.
- Two dual water filters whose function is to automatically regulate the pressure inside the machine, thus giving the maximum possible extraction is a perfect choice for beginners. However, for experienced baristas, the single wall filter provides more challenge to practice with complicated recipes with different grind sizes, amount and pressure.
- The machine includes a 15 bar pump that is made in Italy and a thermocoil heating system. These components tell you if you have enough power and ideal temperature for brewing the perfect shot of espresso.
- A pre-brew function is another great point of this Espresso machine. It works together with a flat head water spigot to distribute the coffee puck evenly.
- The stainless casing keeps the machine always clean and really stylish.
3. Mr. Coffee ECM160 4-Cup Steam Espresso Machine, Black
Nothing could be more ideal than owning a Mr. Coffee ECM160 4-Cup Steam Espresso Machine to make delicious drinks at home.
- The first thing that makes the machine favorable is the fact that it is very easy to use. It does not have as many complicated parts as other expensive pumps.
- Mr. Coffee ECM 4 cup Steam Espresso is pretty tiny, so it is convenient to carry around with or to put it small counter.
- The machine is able to produce up to 20 oz. at a time. It includes a removable frothing, an easy to hold decanter and a removable drip tray for easy cleaning.
- The machine uses ground coffee beans of whatever you like, and it just takes you about 3-4 minutes for great coffee shot.
- Another worth noticing feature of Mr Coffee ECM160 4-Cups Steam Espresso is that it is very nice and quiet.
4. Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker, Black
Nespresso Inissia is believed to be the worldwide pioneer in defining and shaping the way coffee aficionado from all walks of life enjoy their coffee.
Though it is the most affordable coffee machine for you, it brings about many benefits.
- You can easily insert or eject the capsules each and every time you brew;
- The machine is extremely durable because it is mostly made of aluminum;
- To operate the machine, you do not need to press the on/off button. Just plug it in, wait for a little while and the machine will be ready to use;
- Nespresso Inissia has a large water reservoir of 24 ounce, two programmable Espresso and Lungo buttons and a removable drip tray.
5. Original Bialetti Stovetop Espresso
With an Original Bialetti Stove Espresse, you can quickly produce three demitasse cups of rich, authentic Italian espresso in just 4-5 minutes.
This is really a good choice for any coffee aficionado.
- With the Original Bialetti Stovetop Espresso, you can make three 2-ounce coffee cups in less than five minutes. It’s ideal!
- The aluminum shape makes it looks nice, polished and clean;
- The maximum amount of water to boil is 200 ml;
- Additionally, you can keep exact control of the water capacity thanks to the water indicator light.
For any coffee aficionado, there is no more ideal thing than owning an Espresso maker. With its super-special features, Espresso deserves to be a must-have item in your kitchen counter.
Though there are various types of Espresso with their own features, the choice is definitely yours.
So, think very carefully before make final decision on which Espresso suitable for you and your need.